Most gamers look forward to January, it opens up some much needed free time from the rush of the holidays and the slowdown of big games being released leaves the opportunity to chip away at the backlog from the year prior– but this week is making it difficult. With must play games arriving on all platforms, January is going out with a bang.
Here are just some of the heavy hitters that arrived this week:
- Subnautica (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Lost Sphear (PS4, Switch, PC)
- Celeste (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
- Iconoclasts (PS4, Vita, PC)
- The Inpatient (PSVR)
- Pokemon Crystal Version (3DS)
- Monster Hunter: World (PS4, Xbox One)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
These aren’t even all of the games that released this week, but this list contains two of the year’s most anticipated triple A releases, an indie masterpiece, and a re-release of a fan favorite monster collecting adventure. For those of you like me who are still trying to complete some of 2017’s best, as well as still punishing myself daily in competitive Overwatch— this week marks the beginning of the end of trying to catch up on 2017.