Fall Guys continues to climb in popularity in both player base and streaming viewership since its launch earlier this month. After a few rocky days of overloaded matchmaking servers, the community is thriving and growing more than ever. Today the official Fall Guys twitter account shared that they would not only be dropping a patch on Wednesday, but rolling in a new round from the beta for those skilled– or lucky– enough to make it to the end.
Jump Showdown joins the full game after seeing action in the beta prior to launch. In Jump Showdown, the final players will have to dodge two revolving obstacle bars as well as avoiding gaps in the platforms as they slowly start to break and fall into the slime. Similar to another game mode already in the rotation, Jump Club, except for the addition of falling platforms and emerging victorious in Jump Showdown will result in a crown.
With the promise of more levels and costumes arriving in the game soon, I’m hopeful that Media Tonic plans on supporting this game as much as they can for as long as they can. Here’s hoping for more crossover skins! I’ll gladly take a Shovel Knight and The Messenger skin pack!
Media Tonic has been seemingly transparent about any and all issues and fixes with Fall Guys trying to ensure its player base that they intend to continue to make Fall Guys the best it can be. For a full list of the patch notes take a look below:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high frame rate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass blocks
- Fixed parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement/Trophy not unlocking in specific regions
- Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC
For all things Fall Guys and indie game related, be sure to keep it locked to Pass The Controller. For a deeper dive on all things gaming and nerd culture, listen to the Pass The Controller Podcast with new episodes weekly on your favorite podcast platform. Want to continue the conversation with us and our community? Join our official Discord server.